"Strong Start" Chick Giveaway
from Magnolia Hill Farm
Magnolia Hill Farm's first annual "Strong Start"Giveaway!
It is hard to express, in words, the excitement I feel to be able to be a part of a strong start for families' homesteads, farmsteads, or backyard farms!
It is no secret that chickens are a gateway to the self sufficient lifestyle. For example, 8 healthy laying hens can produce an average of 2,000 eggs in 1 year. Yes, you read that correctly! 2,000 eggs in a year!! That's a lot of meals for a family!
Not only are healthy laying hens highly productive when it comes to putting food on the table, they are pretty inexpensive to maintain.
Since I established my current laying hen flock and decided to start hatching my own barnyard mix chicks, I realized I could potentially help make a huge difference in the beginner farmer and homesteader community.
I have decided that every Spring I want to give away, completely free with no shipping costs or fees, 8-10 barnyard mix chicks (per family) to two families!
When this thought crossed my mind, I was immediately consumed with the memory of the sheer delight that I felt the first time my laying hens provided my family with delicious fresh eggs. This feeling never leaves me, even after raising laying hens for over 20 years...and now I have the ability to share that with others who have dreams of the same!
So if you have dreams of starting your very own laying hen flock and providing fresh, home raised eggs for your family, make sure to enter this years "Strong Start" giveaway below!
I want to personally congratulate you on one of the best decisions you will make when it comes to feeding your family and teaching them about this wonderful back-to-basics lifestyle!
2021's "Strong Start" Giveaway Rules:
- Magnolia Hill Farm will give away up to 10 barnyard mix straight run chicks (per family) to two families of their choosing.
- Hatch date is to be determined according to availability of the best fertilized eggs for hatching and actual hatch rate, but hatch date will for certain be within the last 7 days of March 2021.
- If for some unforeseen reason the hatch rate for the above mentioned date does not meet the minimum recommended quantity to safely ship chicks to their new homes, delivery date is subject to rescheduling at Magnolia Hill Farm's discretion for the safety of the chicks.
- Chicks will be vaccinated for Marek's and Coccidiosis before being sent to their new homes.
- Deadline for entries is midnight February 28, 2021.
- Winner will be chosen and notified March 1, 2021.
- There will be no fees or shipping charges incurred by said winner for shipping of their "Strong Start" chicks.
- Magnolia Hill Farm does not have a live chick guarantee, but will be more than happy to replace any chick(s) lost during transit with photographic proof of lost chick(s) upon arrival to their new owner's possession. Replacement timeframe for lost chick(s) will be at least 21-24 days.
- Description of proper brooder and housing for chicks must be provided for each entry, or entry is invalid.
- Valid and active phone number, email address, and USPS deliverable address must be provided with each entry or entry is invalid.
- USPS will contact the winner via phone call the morning their new chicks arrive at their Post Office to coordinate pick up for that day.
- Winner will be provided tracking information for their new chicks when they ship. Winner is fully expected to be available and prepared for their pick up on proposed delivery day to their local post office.
- Chicks must immediately be transported by their new owner directly to their preheated and prepared brooder (as described in winner's entry).
- Entry form must be completed in its entirety or entry form is considered invalid.
- By submitting this entry form, you agree to join Home on Magnolia Hill's Newsletter (no spam, only pertinent Home on Magnolia News and Happenings).
- Questions or concerns may be emailed to: email@example.com