This Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe with Roasted Tomato and Asparagus is the perfect meal for those super busy weeknights! Because, as you well know, those days filled with work, after school activities, and picky eaters are some of the hardest to figure out what to cook for supper.
Here’s a family friendly recipe that is ready in thirty minutes or less! And, it tastes like you picked up a favorite dish from your local Italian cuisine!
To add this recipe to your collection, click the Pin button to save to your favorite Pinterest recipe board or print out the handy recipe card!
Easy Shrimp Alfredo with roasted tomato and asparagus Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Frozen Asparagus (1 package)
- 10 oz. can Rotel (or any 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies); Drained
- 24 oz. Frozen Raw Gulf Shrimp
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) Unsalted Sweetcream Butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Packages Knorr Pasta Sides Alfredo
- Salt, Pepper, and Creole Seasoning
- Chopped green onion for garnish and to taste
- 1 loaf fresh French Bread
- Preheat oven to bake at 400 degrees
- Drizzle large baking pan with half of the olive oil
- Place drained tomatoes/green chilies and frozen asparagus in a single layer on pan
- Drizzle remainder of Olive Oil over tomatoes and asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are browned
- While tomatoes and asparagus are roasting:
- Place frozen shrimp in a strainer under cool running water to defrost
- Melt butter in large skillet; add onion and garlic powder
- Saute onion until almost clear, edges will be slightly browned from butter
- Place defrosted shrimp on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess water; set aside
- Add milk and water to a separate, large saucepan; heat to boiling
- Add contents of Knorr Alfredo pasta packets to boiling milk/water
- Bring pasta back to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer; stir occasionally and cook for 8 minutes.
- While pasta is simmering:
- Remove roasted tomatoes and asparagus from oven
- Add roasted tomatoes to simmering pasta
- Chop roasted asparagus and add to simmering pasta
- Add sauteed onions, butter, thawed shrimp and cubed cream cheese to simmering pasta
- Stir until cream cheese is blended in smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, & creole seasoning to taste
- Pop your fresh French Bread in the oven until the crust is lightly browned; usually just about 5-7 minutes
- Garnish with chopped green onion (optional) and serve hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lodge 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. White Enamel Dutch Oven (Oyster White)
Lodge 13.25 Pre Seasoned Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Large Classic Cast Iron Skillet for Family Size Meals
Kitchen Utensils Set,NAYAHOSE Wooden Cooking Utensil Set Non-stick Pan Kitchen Tool Wooden Cooking Spoons and Spatulas Wooden Spoons for cooking salad fork
LiveFresh Stainless Steel Micro-Perforated 5-Quart Colander - Professional Strainer with Heavy Duty Handles and Self-draining Solid Ring Base - Dishwasher Safe
The ingredients in this Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe are oh so easy to keep on hand. So make sure to add it to your list of go-to, staple meals! It’s so important to have food items in our homes that can last, especially with the challenges we face today.
As a matter of fact, this recipe was created by accident and out of sheer necessity. So, let’s just call it the “quarantine dinner time shuffle”. Have you been there at some point over these past few crazy months?
As you can imagine, I was thrilled when my family begged for me to make this recipe again! And what I thought was going to end up being a hodgepodge of ingredients, thrown together solely to fill our bellies, turned out to be one of our newest faves!
I hope you and your sweet family find this Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe as simple, delicious, and sanity saving, as we have!
Blessings to you and yours!
To learn more about the gal behind Home on Magnolia Hill, click here.
Make sure you subscribe to our Newsletter below so you can be the first to know about new recipes, and all things Home, Farm, and Family!
For more recipes and helpful posts for your Home, Farm, and Family, check out the links below!